Harissa Grilled Chicken
Updated: Apr 29, 2021
This is a quick and easy recipe but also delicious and can be had with anything thing you would usually have the grill
ed chicken with. You can also make it the way you would normally make grilled chicken. What makes this recipe special is the Harissa spice that you will use to marinade the chicken. This North African spice is flavourful and you can find out more about it in my blog post here, where I also show how you can make your own home made spice if you don't want to get a store bought one.
For this recipes, you will need the Harrisa spice in its paste form. Check out this blog post here on how to make the spice into its paste form to use for your marinade. Let's get into the recipe.
-Chicken (however much you want)
1) Wash your chicken clean and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
2) Score the chicken- ie make some slits/cut on chicken. This is to allow the spice and seasoning to get into the chicken in order to make the chicken more flavourful.
3)Add the seasoning cubes/powder to the chicken and rub it all over it.
4) Add the Harissa spice paste- enough to cover up the chicken with.
5)Cover the bowl with a cling film and put in the fridge to allow it to marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight (if you are not pressed for time).
6)After marinading, put in a grill pan and grill in the oven for the amount of time and at the temperature according to the instruction pack on your chicken as it might vary depending on the part of chicken you are using. If not, the standard time, is 30-45 means at 180 degree Celsius.
7) Keep checking and turn over half way through the cooking time in order to allow the other side of the chicken to cook.
8) Once well cooked, take out of the oven and enjoy as desired!
You can also use this recipe for your bbq chicken too!
Check out the reels section of my Instagram page for a quick video showing the process here.
Any questions, feel free to send an email or message on any of my social media platform.